Trinitas Assistant Project Superintendent in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Principal Objective of Position:
To assist the Project Superintendents in directly managing the individual trade subcontractors and performing coordination activities as necessary in order to complete the project on time and on budget.
• Ensure all projects are performed in accordance with contractual and quality standards.
• Schedule and direct the daily activities of work and take necessary action to assure that the project objectives of cleanliness, safety, price, schedule, quality and process are met.
• Maintain daily paperwork including timecards, field reports, schedule updates and email correspondence to keep all necessary parties informed of important issues.
• Manage and maintain general conditions items such as dumpsters, general labor, etc
• Implement incremental project schedules to ensure upcoming events are on track and are being proactively attended to.
• Promote and maintain a culture that values professionalism, honesty, safety, and cleanliness.
• Conduct and/or attend pre-construction, progress, and other project and staff meetings.
• Participate in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Provide assistance to sub-contractors when necessary, for them to complete jobs on time and in compliance with quality and workmanship standards.
• Create and follow up on punch list items as the individual trades and project nears completion.
• Assist the property management leasing associates in preparation of buildings for tenant move-in.
• Assist in coordinate and scheduling all necessary municipal inspections and accompanying the inspector on such inspections.
• Provide detailed and reliable status updates to the project team.
• Work with the Project Manager, Project engineer and Accounting department with subcontractor percent complete evaluation, Time and Material Evaluation and change orders.
Education and Experience Required:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience managing a direct hire workforce and subcontractors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Understanding of means and methods of construction.
• Understanding of how to effectively staff self-performed work activities to achieve high levels of productivity that meet or exceed industry norms.
• Ability to work under tight time and pressure demands.
• Ability to effectively multi-task.
• Strong pro-active problem solving skills.
• Ability to foster and maintain a team environment where all members are working toward a common end goal.
• Ability to document and manage punch activities via a digital punch program.
• Necessary computer skills to interpret and utilize spreadsheet.
• Ability to communicate through, document with, and manage company email.
• Associate’s Degree in construction management or related field strongly preferred.
• 30 Hour OSHA Training strongly preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Primarily outdoor environment.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Must be able to work in a dusty, construction environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to bend, twist, crawl, push, pull, crouch, and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders.
• Must be able to use close and distance vision.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language to effectively communicate with others on the worksite.
External Company Name: Trinitas Ventures LLC
External Company URL: www.trinitas-ventures.com
Street: 2601 Pontiac Trail