Firekeepers Casino Hotel Plumber in Battle Creek, Michigan
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Perform all plumbing general maintenance and repair functions within approved guidelines and as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Performs the functions of the position within all applicable OSHA and company safety standards.
- Utilizes the maintenance management software to log time and materials on jobs. Closes job when work is completed.
- Maintains certification as required for operation of all company equipment and vehicles.
- Adheres to the company’s standards ensuring daily work and special projects are completed in an efficient and professional manner, abiding by local, NFPA, and plumbing codes.
- Conduct preventive maintenance on all equipment as assigned.
- Supports other departmental Team Members with various maintenance issues as needed.
- Responsible for snowmelt distribution and control throughout the facility and grounds.
- Manages the domestic hot water systems through maintenance and monitoring.
- Provides maintenance and preventative maintenance for toilets, urinals, and kitchen equipment support (clogged drains, etc.).
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School diploma or GED. Journeyman certification from an accredited trade school for completion of Plumbing Apprenticeship program. Three years’ experience as a Journeyman Plumber in an industrial or commercial environment. Must be able to read blueprints, line drawings, and other schematics and diagrams. Ability to troubleshoot failure using applicable formulas and testing equipment. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under FireKeepers Casino Hotel insurance. Must be at least 21 years of age.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Commercial Water Softener experience. State Certification for backflow preventer inspection and service.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reportsand correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment. Work outdoors may be required in extreme weather conditions.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Date Posted: 8/22/2018
Job Code: Plumber
Location: FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Address: 11177 Michigan Ave
City: Battle Creek
Country: United States of America