Henkels & McCoy OSP Laborers, Aerial, Heavy Equipment Operator in Canton, Michigan
OSP Laborers, Aerial, Heavy Equipment Operator
Canton, Michigan, United States
1 additional location
Dearborn, Michigan, United States
Requisition # 20000811
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Henkels & McCoy is an industry-leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure construction and maintenance services for the power, oil & gas pipeline, gas distribution, and communication markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, Henkels & McCoy adapts over 95 years of experience to the dynamic and evolving infrastructure needs of today. Henkels & McCoy has been recognized with an E. I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award and is a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
Henkels & McCoy is currently seeking an Underground Foreman, Heavy Equipment Operators, and Locators (CDL).
This position reports to the Construction Manager.
Major Job Elements
· Avoiding damage to existing underground facilities.
· Maintaining a constant focus on operating in a safe working environment.
· Ideal qualifying drill locators will have knowledge and experience with locating equipment.
· Verify all underground mark outs and utilities.
· Have a working knowledge of underground construction.
· Experience with Ditch Witch Sub-Site Tracker, Vermeer F2 or equal trackers.
· Valid driver’s license (CDL Class A with Tanker Endorsement is preferred).
· This position requires significant time doing manual labor functions, walking on uneven ground, working in tight spaces and in general, being overall physically demanding.
· Must perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· All applicants must follow safety guidelines and wear personal protective equipment at all times.
· A pre-employment, on site equipment operator certification will be required. The applicant must successfully operate the equipment to the satisfaction of the construction supervision.
· Must pass a customer driven background check.
· Work up to 6 day weeks in an all -weather environment and willing to travel.
· All applicants must speak the English language fluently and clearly.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.