Fleis & VandenBrink Project Manager - Transportation Design in Farmington Hills, Michigan
Become a part of one of the 101 “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for.” Fleis & VandenBrink (F&V) is a highly successful, growth-oriented civil and environmental engineering/architectural firm that provides a wide range of services to municipal, industrial, institutional, commercial, private development and state agency clients throughout Michigan and Indiana.
Currently we are looking for a Project Manager in Transportation Design to join our firm and support our clients, co-workers and core principles – “understand our customers and satisfy their needs, do what we say we are going to do and have fun.” The ideal candidate has an extensive background in transportation projects including Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) design with the skills and initiative to help drive the transportations team’s success. This position will report to our Farmington HIlls, MI office location but may reside anywhere in Michigan.
At F&V, our goal is to recruit and retain great people and in turn provide a great employee experience. We offer a collaborative team environment, competitive salaries and benefit program, performance bonus incentives, and support for training and career development
- Oversee the successful execution and delivery of a wide variety of MDOT and MDOT Local Agency transportation projects.
- Effectively manage the transportation project team and all aspects of the design process.
- Prepare construction documents and deliverables in accordance with MDOT requirements.
- Establish and maintain projects schedules and budgets.
- Coordination with multiple state agencies and municipalities.
- Actively participate in proposal development and other marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain existing client relationships.
- Foster and cultivate new client relationships.
- Mentor younger staff engineers and technicians.
Other projects as assigned. Preferred Qualifications:
Thorough knowledge of MDOT design plan development, process and procedures.
- Michigan PE License required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required with a preferred emphasis in transportation.
- 10+ years of experience in MDOT transportation related design projects.
- Familiar with MicroStation / Power GeoPak / ORD for project design.
- Strong client management experience and relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.