Benson Industries, Inc. Designer in Holly, Michigan
Prepare detailed 2D & 3D drawings and assembly instructions for mechanical piping and equipment (pumps, valves, boilers, chillers and cooling towers) as well as air handling units and other related structures according to specifications and direction provided by engineers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes but is not limited to being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD) software to produce 3D designs and production drawings. Including, but not limited to: Laying out and planning interior arrangements for industrial equipment such as chiller plants, boiler plants, MCP’s, refrigeration equipment and air handling units. Draw detailed scaled plans for mechanical piping systems, structural steel, bases, walls, roofs, and related structures based on preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data. Coordinate structural, electrical and mechanical designs under engineer’s supervision.
- Read Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs;) and have familiarity of components, their operation, and their installation limitations.
- Use P&IDs;, major equipment selections, and dimensional constraints to layout mechanical piping systems including chilled water, hot water, domestic water, natural gas, fuel oil, exhaust venting, and combustion air.
- Analyze construction requirements, space requirements, and other technical documents and reports to determine their effect on engineered designs.
- Obtain and assemble data to complete designs as necessary.
- Represent engineer with respect to equipment design, ensure compliance with design specifications and advising on design corrections under engineer’s supervision.
- Check dimensions and materials to be used.
- Coordinate with manufacturing department to ensure drawings accurately reflect construction details.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Required Experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: *High school diploma. Some technical secondary education or 3D modeling certification preferred.*
*Experience: *1-3 years’ related experience drawing mechanical systems in 3-D software.
SolidWorks or equivalent 3D design software required; AutoDesk CAD-MEP and/or Revit preferred
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Our organizations do not allow discrimination in hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law
Tracking Code: 666-253
Job Location: Holly, Michigan, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular