Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. Pump Station Project Manager in Lansing, Michigan
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is a full-service consulting firm offering planning, engineering and program management services. Founded in 1935, LAN has grown from its humble beginnings as a small Houston firm to a national leader in the heavy civil infrastructure engineering industry. A division of LEO A DALY, an international architecture/engineering firm, LAN has access to the expertise of nearly 800 professionals in 31 offices across the country.
"We believe e*verything we do is for the enrichment of the human experience."*
- Must have a strong background in the design of pump stations for municipal and water authority clients.
- Project Manager will be responsible for leading the management, analysis, design, and preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications and estimates for both treated water, raw water, wastewater and storm water pump station projects.
- Experience with ground storage tanks, large diameter pipelines, stormwater pump stations, river intakes, condition assessments and rehab of pipelines and pump stations is a plus.
- Must be able to work independently as well as plan work of teams of professionals and technicians from project conception through construction.
- Will encompasses business development activities, including proposal preparation and some marketing activities.
- Will include client interaction, coordination with sub consultants, utility companies and an overall commitment to client service.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have team working skills.
- Develop and achieve project scopes, budgets, and schedules for projects.
- Review complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance; perform quality control reviews
- Manage the preparation of various reports, presentations, budgets, specifications, plans, construction schedules and permits for projects.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the preparation of documents, resources or activities for multiple major projects or is responsible for an entire work program.
- Develop and maintain key client relationships, acquire leads, positions for projects; knowledgeable of the client’s decision-making processes.
- Writes technical papers for publication
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Define project success criteria and milestones and effectively communicate throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Ensures production work meets client quality expectations and adheres to current industry standards.
- Schedule and track project milestones and deliverables
- Ensure that established PEM procedures for conducting the work, documentation, project and client management
- Conduct project lessons learned and create a recommendation report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop teaming arrangements, lead proposal preparation, and participate in interviews.
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Engineer (PE) license (or the ability to become licensed within 6 months.)
Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc. (LAN) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Lockwood, Andrews & Newnam, Inc., is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Human Resources Department at 713-266-6900. For more information about your rights under the law, see EEO is the Law
Req No.: 2020-4269
Type: Regular Full-Time