NTH Consultants, Ltd. Staff Engineer-Geotechnical in Lansing, Michigan
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering (emphasis on geophysical engineering) or related degree, from a 4-year accredited college or university.
EIT preferred, but not required
3 mos. - 4 years of demonstrated experience in Geophysical Engineering or Subsurface Utility Engineering.
Key Job Elements
In this role, you will:
- Perform and coordinate subsurface utility designating mapping activities.
- Perform and coordinate field inspections and investigations under supervision of a project engineer, including on-site direction of vacuum excavation.
- Assist with the preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently,demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and have ability to work in a team environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, and willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites/offices in Michigan and Ohio.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
- May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to enter and work within confined spaces, once appropriately trained.
Leadership and Project Management Experience
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Must express a desire to learn all aspects of being a successful project manager and consulting professional in the future.
- Ability to interact with existing clients to understand their needs.
Authorized to work full-time in the U.S.A. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
AAP / EEO Statement
NTH Consultants, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
NTH Consultants, Ltd. participates in E-Verify.
Location: Lansing, MI