Closets By Design, Inc Installation Manager in Oxford, Michigan
Closets by Design is a nationally recognized leader in home organizing systems. We design, manufacture, and install a complete line of custom closets, home office furniture, media systems, wall-beds, garage cabinetry and more.
The Installation Manager oversees all aspects of installation, installation personnel, and schedule coordination with operational teams and Customers.
Essential Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
· Coordinate all installation activities for projects to assure a smooth, efficient implementation while achieving or exceeding standards for Quality and Profitability.
- Manage and direct installation team.
- Coordinate with Front Office and Production Manager to manage installation schedules using CBD Manager.
- Understand company product lines, equipment & machinery, assembly standards, and installation techniques.
- Enforce quality assurance and safety standards.
- Interact with sales staff to review designs, as required by franchise.
- Maintain company vehicles including preventative maintenance programs.
- Track and oversee all installation supplies, tools and materials.
- Determine problem resolution and customer service with clients. · Manage overall Labor and Material Installation costs.
· Manage data collection and schedules to optimize installation.
· Develop and maintain processes for Quality Control, Scheduling, and Cost control of Labor.
· Oversee all installation training. Create training manuals and SOP’s to ensure defect-free installations.
· Maintain and build relationships with Customers and Installers.
· Recruit, select and sustain high performing teams.
· Manage risk and create quarterly safety reviews.
· Support a culture of continuous improvement to develop a world-class organization in this space.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior management and supervisory experience (3-5 years), with hiring responsibilities.
- Strong leadership abilities with proven team building skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in diverse work environments.
- Execution-driven attitude with a passion for excellence. Critically focused towards long-term improvements in a team-based environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Proficient with a variety of Microsoft Office tools and Scheduling software packages.
- Excellent attention to detail with analytical mindset.
- Quality and safety conscious.
- Strong dependability. Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends to address installer and/or Customer needs and expectations.
Mindset towards proactively identifying and implementing productivity improvements through monitoring of key metrics and initiating critical projects; Continuous Improvement and Best Practice sharing. Desirable Qualifications
Experience in woodworking or cabinet making fields (32mm system design a plus).
- Experience with woodworking equipment and hand tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to drive bottom line results while maintaining service orientation.
- Computer proficiency. · BS or BA degree from four-year College or University; or 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time