BASF Commercial Project Manager - Southfield, MI in Southfield, Michigan
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America’s Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Commercial Manager (2002550) – Southfield, MI
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to support Sales and functional teams tied to business development and profitability improvement. You will initiate and run special projects to focus on customers, supplier, key stakeholders. You will also work proactively and systematically to partner with necessary stakeholders for identification and handoff of new claims with both customers and suppliers.
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education in business administration, engineering or a related field, your professional experience in relevant and managerial assignments in virtual organizations and different cultures, and your project management skills, you will manage Commercial projects and represent Sales to support cross-functional projects (e.g. sales trainings and sustainability).
· Relying on your financial acumen, you will support and drive implementation of commercial excellence initiatives.
· Your proven sales skills (including customer relationship expertise) and the ability to manage multiple, competing, commercial priorities simultaneously will be essential as you lead the adoption of digitalization within the Sales team, including but not limited to NPS and Salesforce.
· Your strong interpersonal and communication skills will serve you well as you partner with key stakeholders for identification and handoff of new claims.
· Employing your strong negotiation skills, you will lead the negotiation with customers and/or suppliers, as well as with other 3rd party institutions (e.g., mediators, arbitrators), within an extremely competitive environment.
· Demonstrating your problem-solving skills and your ability to handle and provide solutions to complex problems, you will provide ongoing directives for claim prevention and claim management processes.
· Using your strong organizational skills, you will consolidate tracking and reporting on all claims, ensure application of uniform methods and foster knowledge-sharing through training, documentation, and alignment across regional organizations.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Job: SALE - Sales
Organization: G-CCE/NS-Business Management North/South America-60000205
Title: Commercial Project Manager - Southfield, MI
Requisition ID: 2002550
- BASF Jobs