Fleis & VandenBrink Construction Technician in Traverse City, Michigan
Become part of one of the 101 “Best and Brightest Companies to Work for,” and one of the state’s top four “Hot Firms.” Apply today and join Fleis & VandenBrink (F&V), a highly successful, growth-oriented civil and environmental engineering / architectural firm.
We are looking for an experienced CONSTRUCTION TECHNICIAN in the Traverse City region, who best supports our clients, co-workers and core principles – “understand our customers and satisfy their needs, do what we say we are going to do and have fun.”
The ideal candidate must be able to interpret project plans and specifications, take responsibility for the project assigned, anticipate construction issues and recommend solutions in order to deliver a project successfully on behalf of our clients and project team.
- Construction observation of municipal water, sewer, drainage and road infrastructure projects.
- Perform field duties including density and concrete testing of construction materials.
- Provide written documentation of construction observations and materials incorporated into the project.
- Maintain accurate construction records.
Maintain and develop positive client and team relationships. Qualifications
3+ years of related experience is preferred.
- Experience with the construction observation and testing of transportation, municipal sewer and water projects, as well as familiarity of industry practices and specifications is desired.
- Ability and willingness to be in the field and perform field work as needed.
- MDOT construction experience and certifications are desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook software.
- Experience with Field Book and ProjectWise software. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer
F&V does not sponsor any required visas