ITW Contract - Project Manager in Zeeland, Michigan
The contract project manager leads the planning and execution of assigned projects. The role is responsible for managing multiple, concurrent project plan schedules while monitoring projects daily to track progress against the work plan schedules – this requires proactively communicating with internal stakeholders and external suppliers. The project manager identifies any risks to time or deliverables, communicates those out to the appropriate teams and follows-up on issues throughout the project. The incumbent is also responsible for monitoring the financial performance of the project.
· Work with internal stakeholders to develop, define, manage and execute full-scale project plans.
· Write project timelines and milestones based on customer, production, third party parameters.
· Identify critical path issues and elevating awareness as appropriate.
· Manage the project budget by tracking labor, material and vendor expenditures.
· Effectively communicates project expectations to management, team members and stakeholders.
· Lead, motivate and support project team members and contractors to successfully meet project objectives.
· Liaise regularly with the production team and vendors to confirm that quality and timeline expectations are maintained.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and revise project strategy as necessary.
· Develop and implement reports that measure project progress and identify challenges that need to be addressed; communicate the findings to the project team with a strategy of approach.
· Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and devise contingency plans.
· Conduct post project reviews to identify successful project performance drivers and methods to resolve project results that did not fully meet objectives
· Perform other duties as required or requested.
Independent Contractor with valid LLC and able to bill at a flat hourly rate/per project. Estimated project duration is 9 months to 1 year.
· Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering preferred
· 5 – 7 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment
· Project management certification highly desired
· Demonstrated knowledge of project tracking software, the ability to breakdown & assemble data, presentation skills
· Ability to influence others without authority
· Detail oriented: Enjoys and understands the need to track all aspects of a project, that all the little parts are needed to achieve the whole
· Strategic Thinker: Sees the Big Picture
· Analytical: Ability to synthesize data from various sources & translate information to action plans
· Collaborative: able to achieve results by engaging others
· Customer Centric: approaches situations and projects with a customer first mindset
/ITW// Drawform// is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law./
/All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines./